[CT Birds] Long-billed Dowitcher going into basic plumage

charles barnard jr chbarnjr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 14:02:45 EDT 2013

In addition to the breeding plumage Long-billed Dowitcher found in Ferry
Creek, Stratford, by Frank Mantlik and seen by Tina Green as well, there
was what I believe to have been another Long-billed Dowitcher at the same
location which was rapidly molting into basic plumage. It is really too
early for a Short-billed Dowitcher to be this far along in molting towards
basic plumage and many structural features favored Long-billed Dowitcher.
My eBird report included a photo and a description. Here is a link to the
report.

Charlie Barnard Jr.
Stratford