[CT Birds] August pelagic opportunity (MA)

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 17:48:31 EDT 2013

Hi folks, see below for a full-day pelagic trip out of Hyannis, MA
scheduled for August 3rd. These deep water BBC trips are the best pelagic
trips in the northeast, hands down. There are still some spaces remaining,
as the sold-out trip from last weekend was postponed due to weather.

Nick

Birders:

We could not get out on July 20 because of bad weather and who knows about

the weather for our trip on Aug. 24,25 so this may be your only chance of

getting out there this year....  On Aug. 3, we will be going to the same

waters and get many of the same birds we expect to see on the August 24

trip. This is a rescheduled trip and we have almost enough people signed up

but we need a few more.  So if you are thinking of joining us, please sign

up now.

Thanks

DATE:           SATURDAY, Aug. 3, 2013:       2AM - 7PM

Hyannis to the Hydrographer Canyon area.

Birds expected: 4 or 5 species of Shearwaters (possible Audubon's), Leaches

and Wilson's Storm-petrels, Jaegers  ( ? LONG-TAILED), Gannets, Terns, and

several Marine Animals. We hope to see  BAND-RUMPED STORM PETRELS, BRIDLED

TERN, SKUAS and other rarities. Anything is possible. We will be in the

deeper warmer waters off the coast.

Limit: 50 Participants

Cost:  $185 -  BBC Members -  $200.00 - non members

We have MASTER BIRDERS:  JAMES SMITH, MARK FAHERTY and others who will be

spotting the birds and getting us onto them over the loud speaker system.

We use a variety of chum by the gallons.  Our boat, the Helen H, is a

comfortable, fast, 100 foot fishing boat with a knowledgeable and

enthusiastic Captain and crew. There is a full galley with excellent food at

reasonable prices. Parking is free.

To reserve a space, send a check for the full amount made out to the

'BROOKLINE BIRD CLUB AGENT' along with a signed waiver to: Ida Giriunas, 83

Summer Ave., Reading, MA, 01867 and include either your email or your postal

address for confirmation, boarding instructions and further information.

For further information, a Waiver Form and to register, contact:

Ida Giriunas 781-929-8772
 <  ida8 at verizon.net>
Reading,  MA