[CT Birds] NW Connecticut

Jeffrey Sonshine jeffrey.sonshine at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 20:47:48 EDT 2013

This past weekend my wife and I visited the Appalachian Mountain Club camp
off Mt. Washington Road North of Salisbury in the Northwest corner of CT.
 We walked along, what I think is called, the AMC Camp Road which begins at
the AMC parking lot on Mt. Washington Road.

I consider myself fairly novice  but during my stay I saw a Rose Breasted
Grosbeak and another that looked like a Rose Breasted Grosbeak but with a
black cap and a Rust or rufous shoulder.  It looked most similar to a Black
Headed Grosbeak but that would be rare so perhaps it was just a juvenile.

I also saw what looked like an Eastern Towhee although it seemed small for
one and that would be my first sighting of one.  I also saw what I thought
was either a Yellow Rumped Warbler or a Magnolia Warbler.

Tim from Middletown was asking about Magnolia Warblers which is why I
decided to add my two cents.  Again, I'm just a novice so you'll have to
take it for what it's worth.

If you go, bring plenty of DEET!
--
Jeffrey Sonshine, CFP