[CT Birds] Any AVOCET sightings?

rsbirder at gmail.com rsbirder at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 14:07:33 EDT 2013

I stopped by Sandy Point this morning around 7:00. I walked the north point to the end. Tide was low. I did not find the avocet. However, I did photograph a WHIMBREL that flew over. Also, a pair of peregrine falcons made several passes over the exposed mud flat between the points and the tern nesting area. Consequently, the peeps were fewer than I've seen there recently.
Russ Smiley
Marlborough, CT

Sent from my iPhone