[CT Birds] Midsummer Transitions

Elaine Taylor etbchs at aol.com
Tue Jul 23 16:30:01 EDT 2013

First time this year: BROWN CREEPER. Over the last week, I observed post nesting movement of the large population of REDWING BBs that nested here this year. The young and the adults have moved on. In addition all Bluebirds, Tree Swallows, Kingbirds and Warbler young have also moved. I still hear Flycatchers and the Eastern Phoebe and see Barn Swallows and the Hummers. But, for the most part, things have changed with MOCKINGBIRD and AMERICAN ROBINS more than abundant now for the first time all summer.