[CT Birds] CACC

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 24 16:25:29 EDT 2013

After being alerted to this odd duck at Milford Point, I met Greg Hanisek, Steve Spector, and Angela Dimmitt there.  We relocated the duck along the edge of the marsh behind the last beach cottage and next to the outer viewing platform.  We agreed it had interesting whitish streaks on its head, but the bird was way too large for a Garganey (more the size of a Mallard).  Steve and I obtained some good close photos; I'll post some tonight. But we agreed it wasn't a Garganey, at least not a pure one.  Not sure what it is. I also plan to circulate a photo or two to duck experts for their opinion.

Frank Mantlik