[CT Birds] 7/25 Salisbury & Colebrook

Dave Provencher hikerbirder at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 23:31:35 EDT 2013

Dave's right on that. This time if year can be pretty quite in the woods,
except right around dawn. Many warblers are moving now and several species
are headed south already. I've been hearing migrating Yellow Warblers for a
week or more along the shore.
It's a little surprising how quickly breeders get quiet. I hiked the
presidential range in NH at the end of June, and even though most of the
20+ miles was above treeline, the birds were already singing significantly
less. The few Bicknell's Thrushes I heard were calling much more than
singing already, and the Swainsons Thrushes were singing even less than the

The period of time we in new england get to enjoy the songs of the
neotropical migrants is way too short for my liking.

Dave Provencher