[CT Birds] Stratford Indigo Buntings

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sat Jul 27 21:06:32 EDT 2013

McKinney Wildlife Refuge.  Right after the tracks on the right where the small railing is.  Male and female Indigo Buntings.  They would go into the trees and come out to the tall grasses. Viewed for 45 mins this afternoon along with Am. Gold Finch, Cat Birds and a Turkey.  Also walked the RR Track Trial.  Not a mosquito or biting fly around.  There are however many Flycatchers along the the trail with most being in the first 100 feet or so.  Willow and others I'm not able to ID (yet). Boat Tailed Grackles, and two Sandpipers (White-rumped I think as I've seen them there before).  Waiting for positive ID help.  If you walk the trail anytime soon note when you take the right hand turn the path is overgrown and some critter dug a lot a holes that you won't see so be careful.  Also about a 8 Marsh Wrens.

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT