[CT Birds] Tricolored Heron or Hybrid? - Hammo

kris rowe coastalconn at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 10:27:12 EDT 2013

From: Kristofer Rowe
Yesterday at Hammonasset I photographed this heron in the pond by Meig's Point.  The more I looked at the pics, the more confused I got because I thought Tri's had red eyes and a completely white belly with a different beak color..  I noticed there have been no reports at Hammo of Tri's this year either. It also looked like a shot I saw last year from someone else.  The shots are on my flickr page.  Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coastalconn/9399072466/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coastalconn/9399076122/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coastalconn/9396310733/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coastalconn/9396314677/