[CT Birds] OT Clearwings

Boletebill boletebill at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 13:42:16 EDT 2013

For eastern birders the Hummingbird Clearwing moth and the Ruby-throated Hummingbird offer a fantastic illustration of the biological concept of "convergent evolution" for those people who have an interest in those things.
Yesterday
in my garden  my resident Hummingbirds were fighting with the Hummingbird Clearwings over the Bee Balm blossom turf.

Bill Yule