[CT Birds] Purple Martin flights

Dan Rottino rottino at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 31 09:13:46 EDT 2013

First purple martin migrants over the yard last evening continues this morning.  Although I have had tree and barn swallows moving south for several weeks this is the first wave of martins I have seen.  I also had my first Black & White warbler for the yard this morning.  A Yellow-billed cuckoo continues.  I put up extra hummer feeders for the migration.  Is this a good strategy?  I have 3 plus an oriole feeder they are using but I have rarely more than 2 to 4 hummers at any given time.  Dan