[CT Birds] lack of fear

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 1 09:52:34 EDT 2013

Yesterday, as I was pulling into my driveway next to the other car, Their was an Immature Chipping Sparrow perched on the cars roof. I have seen 3 all week in the yard. I opened the door, and it stayed there, 3 feet away. Was this intentional or was it hurt? As I slowly approached, it flew off as it should.
Unfortunately the next day, i spotted breast feathers under the feeder. Seems this bird might have found its end from a predator who took advantage from that birds lack of fear for the world as it is. Maybe this is how that lack of fear gene gets eliminated?

Paul Carrier - Harwinton