[CT Birds] lack of fear

David F Provencher (Generation - 4) david.f.provencher at dom.com
Thu Aug 1 10:25:19 EDT 2013

Paul I sometimes walk in the large cemetery across the street to put some miles on when I don't have time for a proper hike, and as you can imagine there is a plethora of Chipping Sparrows there. I've noticed as well how approachable the immature chippies are, often not flying away till I'm extremely close. The line from Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings first movie always pops into my head when I feel like I'm in danger of stepping on one, "Fly you fools!" Surely this behavior does lead to a higher mortality.

Dave

David Provencher