[CT Birds] It's Sharon Audubon Festival Time!

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Aug 5 13:37:46 EDT 2013

It's time again for the Sharon Audubon Festival, coming this weekend.  I'll be there on Sunday to lead a walk on landscaping for butterflies and wildlife, but there are great programs scheduled for each day.  Hope you can make it!

It's almost here! The 46th annual Sharon Audubon Center takes place this coming Saturday and Sunday!  Bring your family and come out for two days of fun and informative nature walks, live animal presentations, kids' crafts and activities, vendors, food, music and more!  Gates are open 9:30-5:30 each day and we lowered the admission cost to make it more family friendly- only $5 per person OR $20 per car!  You can find a full program schedule plus program descriptions on our website or our facebook page so you can plan your day in advance!  We hope to see you there!

Have a great week!

Wendy

Sharon Audubon Festival

 Aug. 10th & 11th

Gates open 9:30-5:30 each day

Admission: $5 per person OR $20 per car

No pets allowed inside the gates
The 46th annual Sharon Audubon Festival will be taking place at the Sharon Audubon Center, located on Route 4 in Sharon, CT on Saturday and Sunday, August 10th and 11th.  The Audubon Festival is an event where people of all ages can learn about nature in a fun and interactive way, and features two full days of nature walks and programs, live animal presentations, children's activities, food, music, exhibits, vendors and more. Whether one is a seasoned naturalist or a young explorer, there are activities for all ages and experience levels.
Two keynote presentations also take place each day. At 1:00pm on Saturday, storyteller Eshu Bumpus will present his engaging "Folktales."  A falconry demonstration by Brian Bradley of Skyhunters in Flight will take place at 3:30pm.  On Sunday afternoon at 1:00pm, festival goers of all ages will be entertained by "Nature Nick's Animal Adventures" and the festival will close with a finale from Wolf Conservation Center featuring Atka the Wolf at 3:30pm.
Scheduled programs take place at 10:00, 10:30, 11:00 and 2:15 each day. Examples of programs include Birding Basics, Exploring Bog Meadow by Canoe, Tree Identification Walk, Swarming Behavior of Honey Bees, Bird Banding, Reptiles, Pressed Flower Bookmarks and much more.  Ongoing activities such as the children's Merry Marsh Activity Tent, as well as various vendors, will be on hand throughout each day. Food is also available for purchase.
New this year is the Clothesline Nature Art Show which will feature matted, unframed art work that relates to nature: birds, animals, flowers, clouds, etc. The show will be hung on a clothesline under the main festival tents.
For a complete schedule of events, plus descriptions of all the programs, please visit our website at http://sharon.audubon.org/<http://eidertrk.audubon.org/trk/r.emt?h=sharon.audubon.org/&t=h6uz&e=gw&m> or on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AudubonSharon <http://eidertrk.audubon.org/trk/r.emt?s=www.facebook.com/AudubonSharon&t=h6uz&e=gw&m>

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road