[CT Birds] Milford Point sandbars

Mark Szantyr birdinggeek at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 21:05:30 EDT 2013

"There was zero - and I repeat, zero - reason for anyone to be out there if
they were not monitoring the birds for the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and
CT DEEP with us at AAfCW. All other purposes would be for purely selfish
personal enjoyment to the detriment of the breeding success of these birds."

As much as he may regret my chiming in, I agree with Nick in this.

 I wonder how birder disturbance is separated from disturbance by beach walkers, neighbors, boaters, overflying aircraft, fireworks, tern monitors, and fisherman... Groups that certainly outnumber the birders walking out the sandbar.

Has it been studied to determine the impact of the various agencies and their monitors and the visits to the colony, have on the tern colony?

Good job, Nick. You can disavow any knowledge of me or my questions if you need to.
Mark