[CT Birds] Milford shorebirds, BN STILT report

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 8 12:59:56 EDT 2013

8/8/13 Milford, Milford Point, 10:50-12:45- 9 species shorebirds during/at high tide (viewed from mainland beach and platform), including 4000 Semipalmated Sandpipers.

While here, I met traveling CA birders Rod & Pat Higbie. Yesterday they said they saw 2 BLACK-NECKED STILTS out in the marsh here about 9am. They are experienced birders, and are the ones who discovered the current summering Arctic Loon in CA.
No sign of them now, but I'll now check some Stratford sites. Silver Sands would be worth a look as well.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone