[CT Birds] Fwd: Eur. Collared Dove Morphed into Ringed Turtle Dove

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 14:26:47 EDT 2013

After looking at the cell phone photos taken by my clergy friend from
Trinity Sigourney Street in Hartford last Sunday, Greg Hanisek has
concluded that this was a Ringed Turtle Dove rather than a Eurasian
Collared Dove vagrant.  The photos are not the best.  The bird was
reportedly very tame, and could well still be in the neighborhood of the
church.
Thanks to everyone who commented.  Ringed Turtle Doves are purported to be
the descendants of the Biblical doves.  If so, this one obviously got the
memo that we aren't into dove sacrifice at the altar.  The Episcopal Church
Welcomes You!
--
Dana Campbell, Interim Rector
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Meriden
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

“To pay attention, this is our endless and proper work.”
-- Mary Oliver

dana.l.campbell at gmail.com