[CT Birds] Greenwich Point Osprey update Aug 9 revised, and Aug 10 update

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Sat Aug 10 22:24:19 EDT 2013

On Aug 9th, I reported there were 20 Sanderlings on the marshes. Thanks to Cynthia Ehlinger, she pointed out they were Semi Palmated Sandpipers. On Aug 10th, I observed a flight of about 50 Semi Palmated Sandpipers mixed with three Semi Palmated Plovers on the oceanside shore facing Long Island.

Regarding the Osprey, I only had a few minutes to observe the nest area around 2:30, and neither the parents nor young were visible in either the nest or the surrounding trees.