[CT Birds] Tomorrow's Municipal Offical Shorebird training is postponed until Friday.

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Aug 12 13:58:25 EDT 2013

RE-SCHEDULED - AUGUST 16TH!

Sharing our Shores:  Managing Municipal Coastal Resources for Birds and People

Due to tomorrow's forecast of rain and possible thunderstorms, we are re-scheduling the Shorebird Workshop for Municipal Officials to the rain date of Friday, August 16th.  A revised invitation follows. It is not too late to sign up! We look forward to seeing you Friday in Milford.

*****
The Audubon Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds, in cooperation with Connecticut DEEP Wildlife Division, is pleased to offer a free half day workshop for municipal officials and interested board and commission members facing the challenge of managing coastal resources for birds and people. The workshop is designed to increase understanding and expertise regarding beach nesting birds such as the Piping Plover and other coastal species; explain local responsibilities for protecting these birds; share strategies and best management practices with shoreline colleagues; and finish the day with a guided tour of beautiful Milford Point, an area that provides habitat for several species of protected shorebirds and numerous other species.

The workshop is free and includes a morning classroom session followed by lunch (provided) and an afternoon guided beach walk at Milford Point. We hope that you will join us to learn more about our coastal waterbirds and how your community can help them thrive.

WHAT: Shorebird Workshop for Municipal Officials
WHEN:  Friday August 16th 11:00 - 3:00 PM
WHERE: Margaret Eagan Center, 35 Matthew Street, Milford, CT 06460 Milford, CT & Guided walk at Milford Point

RSVP and questions, please contact: Sandy Breslin at sbreslin at audubon.org<mailto:sbreslin at audubon.org> or (203) 264-5098 x306.

The Audubon Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds is a joint project of Audubon Connecticut and the Connecticut Audubon Society in cooperation with CT DEEP and USFWS. Learn more about our partnership and activities at: http://ctwaterbirds.blogspot.com/

This workshop is made possible through the generous support of the Long Island Sound Study and Toyota TogetherGreen.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road