[CT Birds] Alewife low this year: Re: tern food

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Tue Aug 13 15:26:31 EDT 2013

The following note from the Tributary Mill Conservancy in Old Lyme may be relevant to the food & bird situation noted.

"Alewife  The fish count of the alewife migration was very low this year. It was a short run this year possibly due to low water and fallen trees blocking the brook from the bad storms. DEEP’s, Steve Gephard, Supervisor of the Diadromous Fish Program and Habitat and Conservation Enhancement Program’s count from the Mary Griswold Steube fish ladder was 9,597.	Last year it was 25,000."