[CT Birds] Bent White-eyed Vireo

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Thu Aug 15 18:18:39 EDT 2013

Just came out of a meeting at the Bent of the River and saw some movement in the bushes.  I didn't have my bins, but did have my camera and started shooting away.  I got a couple of shots of a Blue-winged Warbler and another plain looking "warbler", which turned out to be an immature White-eyed Vireo when I looked at the pics.   A pretty uncommon bird here at the Bent.    The butterfly/native shrub garden can be a real hotspot for migrants this time of year, so if you ever get a chance to visit the birding balcony on a rainy day, early in the morning or in the evening you can get quite a show.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road