[CT Birds] Sterling yard - interesting observation

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Fri Aug 16 20:36:50 EDT 2013

>From Robert Dixon
8/16/13 - Sterling yard -  This morning while filling the feeders I found a Ruby-throated Hummingbird caught in a spider web. Closer observation revealed a large, (very excited) reddish-brown spider working his way towards his trophy. When I reached up to assist the hummingbird it sputtered around and broke free from the web on its own and flew off. One of the more interesting observations I've had in the yard. Welcome any comments on the spider I.D.

Robert Dixon
179 Main St.
Sterling, Ct. 06377
860-564-4638 h