[CT Birds] Banded Semipalmated Sandpiper

Cynthia Ehlinger cehlinger at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 18 13:23:00 EDT 2013

While looking for Semipalmated Sandpiper PA7 ( which I did not find), I discovered another tagged shorebird at Greenwich Point Park today, 8/18 about 11:00 am.
Semipalmated Sandpiper feeding with flock of about 36 SESA  plus 2 Ruddy Turnstone and 2 Semipalmated Plover. Band on upper left leg was dark blue band over yellow flag tag LYM. Metal band on right leg.

According to the site http://www.bandedbirds.org/ it was previously sighted in French Guiana on 1/18/2010 - Pointe Isère, La Reserve Naturelle de l'Amana, N/A, French Guiana - 6081964 FYLYM SESA
And I think the yellow flag means it was banded in Peru.

Amazing to get this data.

 Cynthia Ehlinger