[CT Birds] Bird sightings on ferry from Block Island to Pt. Judith

Katherine Kuckens katkuckens at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 12:38:02 EDT 2013

Similar to kmueller, my husband and I returned from Block Island to Pt.
Judith yesterday, and were on the water from about 4:15 to 5:15.  Saw the
usual gulls and terns, then, way out on the sound, I was startled by a
goldfinch flying south and seemingly in distress as it flapped close, then
away, then back again.  Could it have been migrating?  There are still
scores of hungry goldfinches at our backyard feeder in West Hartford.   As
we approached the rock jetty at Pt. Judith we observed an osprey soaring
and diving.

Katherine Kuckens