[CT Birds] OT: Birders driving

David F Provencher (Generation - 4) david.f.provencher at dom.com
Thu Aug 15 12:50:10 EDT 2013

Birders are notoriously risky drivers, what with all that "What's that!" going on as we operate motor vehicles. Well I added a new level of distracted driving this morning when a Hairstreak (a butterfly) landed on the hood of my car at a red light. The light turned green and I had to try to identify the Hairstreak while driving 40 mph in traffic. I would have been safer texting. The butterfly was hanging on for dear life in the 40 mph wind and I couldn't see a single damn field mark till the next red light. It was a Coral Hairstreak. No butterflies or other motorists were harmed in the making of this life experience.

David Provencher

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.