[CT Birds] Hummingbird wars over?

gypsy.carol at charter.net gypsy.carol at charter.net
Thu Aug 15 13:36:11 EDT 2013

Still at war here in Harwinton. Emptying the feeders fast!!!

Original email:
From: Tricia Reid reidtri at gmail.com
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 13:21:47 -0400
To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Subject: [CT Birds] Hummingbird wars over?

Here in Mansfield Center the hummingbird wars appear to have ended between
one morning and the evening of the same day.  I went to probably more than
a dozen birds fighting over my feeders and in some cases even agreeing to
share, to probably three - an adult male and female plus one juvenile
male.  I'd had many juveniles this year - do they leave their parents'
territory or are they already moving south?  It seems early/
Tricia Reid
reidtri at gmail.com
Mansfield Center
For subscription information visit