[CT Birds] Greenwich Tod's Point Osprey Update August 16

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Fri Aug 16 22:28:38 EDT 2013

I arrived at 11:30 to see both young eating on the nest each with their own fish. Shortly after, a young Osprey from another nest flew overhead. Mrs O was in an overhead branch, and rose to challenge his presence. A 'dogfight' ensued, and the young Osprey retired. Mother went to the nest for a while, with a lot of loud chatter between the four.

Mr. O sat in the trees the entire time, with his wings drooping.

Pix at http://www.libraphotography.com/osprey-adolescents-august-2013.html

Contrary to the last few weeks' observations, I noted there were no egrets on the nearby trees. At one point I saw a Green Heron fly in.

AL Scuterud
Old Greenwich