[CT Birds] 8/16 Cockenoe Island, Westport

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sat Aug 17 10:45:01 EDT 2013

Apologies to Nick for my last reply and it wasn't really his post I was reacting to, just the straw that broke the camel's back.   I am all for trying to determine the reasons for success or failure of any colonies in a given year.   It just seems that lots of people are quick to discount that there was a lot of disturbance documented at Milford Point or reasons why certain activities are fine and others not.  I know you weren't trying to do that in your post Nick and this is more of a case of a reaction to a bunch of messages I've received publicly and privately.  It was  frustrating year for coastal waterbirds, in  what should have been an important productivity year after a big storm and I apologize for directing my frustration at you.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road