[CT Birds] newby

craig minor minor.craig at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 17 11:50:29 EDT 2013

Well I was n my way back from Mendon Mass yesterday , and along the side of the highway I spotted this huge bird .( being new to bird watching im not very good at identifying them ) the closest I could come up with from my guide was a juvenile bald eagle , it wasn't a vulture I have seen plenty of them , this bird was about at least a foot half high dark brown feathers feathers on its head and  a greyish colored beak , pretty thick body , I couldn't get a look at it s legs or its feet since it was in high grass along the edge highway the only other bird that looked close in the guide was a swansons hawk ,,,,, ayone else see anything like this along the Mass Pike ?