[CT Birds] Big Nighthawk push tonite?

Tom Auer mthomasauer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 13:22:00 EDT 2013

Connecticut Birders,

A perspective from Rhode Island. I've been sitting on my porch for the last
umpteen nights hoping to watch one of these wing by my yard, knowing that
this is the peak time and seeing how many are moving through Connecticut
right now. Not a one here in South Kingstown! And I know of no-one in Rhode
Island reporting them.

I'll assume that they're moving down the bigger river valleys to the west.
But, I'm in agreement with Frank, that tonight could be a good night
following the frontal passage. Fingers crossed!

Good Birding,
Tom Auer
South Kingstown, RI