[CT Birds] nighthawks - Eagleville (Mansfield)

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Aug 24 22:07:54 EDT 2013

At the Eagleville dam tonight I counted approximately 125  NIghthawks
between 6:50 and 7:40. Still coming through in small groups -  no big
concentrated flocks. But most of the birds seemed to be heading south  tonight.
Also, 1 osprey circled the lake twice and we had at least 3  Chimney
Swifts, some Cedar Waxwings and many many Tree Swallows. 4 Great Blue  Herons on
the lake tonight too. I had six species of shorebirds this AM.

Don  Morgan
Coventry