[CT Birds] Western Sandpiper - Colebrook

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 25 20:18:07 EDT 2013

Went to Colebrook Reservoir this noon (6:30) hoping to see some Nighthawks. Saw none but I was in luck. They have begun to drain down the water and I could drive on the lower road. Their was some mud exposed so I looked for Peeps etc. I saw some individual birds: 4 Semi-Palms, 1 Least, 2 Solitary, 1 Spotted, 4 Killdeer and the best, a Western Sandpiper. Was in transition but sill had some spotting on breast and some rusty behind eye. Bill was noticeably hooked at the tip as well. Being the sun was not shining on the west side this time of day, saw no passerines.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton