[CT Birds] seaside sparrow?

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 20 20:54:49 EDT 2013

Juvenile (and worn adult) sparrows are tough!

I would, this time, consider habitat and behavior.

I know that there are incredible exceptions to this (I once saw a Turkey pacing on 100 square feet of lawn on the mouth of the Oyster River - Long Island Sound.  I once saw a Clapper Rail beneath an ornamental yew against a Branford school, 100 meters from it's "home" in a spartina marsh.  Heck, I've seen an escapee African Gray Parrot at the end of  "V" of DC Cormorants at Milford Point.

But these (I assume) repeated sightings/behaviors seem to indicate some other LBJ (little brown job).

Best regards,

Steve Mayo