[CT Birds] Sparrow sized budgie type, Fair Haven

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Aug 22 21:57:08 EDT 2013

Passing this along.

 From Robert Hutton
I refilled my bird feeders today after the pole collapsed. Balanced the
pole with two identical feeders filled with sunflower seeds.

I moved the larger feeder to my stoop. Less than an hour later, amidst

the plethora of starlings, common grackles, a mourning dove, a couple of

cardinals etc., I see a small blue bird at the fence. It looks a bit like a
budgie. White head, pale blue wings. Darker blue feathers at the tail.
Yellow beak with black. The bird is sparrow sized and I cannot find an
image of anything like it. Pictures will follow if I ever learn to
upload in less than three days.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT