[CT Birds] Blue-winged Teal, Pectoral Sandpiper and 32 Boat-tailed Grackle

charles barnard jr chbarnjr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 16:50:18 EDT 2013

From: Charlie Barnard Jr
Stratford, various locations - August 23, 2013

 Access Road Pool in Stratford: 1 Pectoral Sandpiper
"Warehouse Pool" along Long Beach Boulevard: 1 Blue-winged Teal
Marsh near entrance to Long Beach: 32 Boat -tailed Grackles. I thought that
there were only about 12 in a densely leaved tree, but when they flew out I
took a blind camera shot and counted 32 in the photo when I got home and
put it up on the computer monitor.
All birds were seen between 11:30 am and about 1:30 pm as a guesstimate.

Charlie Barnard Jr