[CT Birds] Big Nighthawk push tonite?

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 23 21:38:17 EDT 2013

Here in southeastern Connecticut, I have also been outside at prime time for four nights in a row including tonight.  Zero nighthawks.  I have caught a few good flights here over the years, but generally it takes a stronger front to push them down to our end of things.  Some years I see no nighthawks at all for the season though I try every good night for about a month. They are annual at Bluff Point in small numbers before sunrise.  You are absolutely right about the large river valleys.

Glenn Williams