[CT Birds] Westport Warblers

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 28 10:17:14 EDT 2013

A check of Sherwood Island SP this morning turned out to be much more than expected. A section of trees in the pine grove were filled with warblers actively feeding and flitting about. But the best bird of the morning was the male Scarlet Tanager that whizzed by me  when I first arrived.

8/28/13- Westport - Sherwood Island SP- 8 Black-and-white Warblers,3 Common Yellowthroat,7 American Redstart(1 male),3 Magnolia Warbler,2 Yellow Warbler,1 Pine Warbler,2 Canada Warbler, Scarlet Tanager(unusual and my first in the park)

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone