[CT Birds] Caspian Terns off of Griswold Point, Pectoral and Solitary Sandpiper at Hamo

Folsom-O'Keefe, Corrie cfolsom-okeefe at audubon.org
Thu Aug 29 16:23:20 EDT 2013

8/27/13 Kayaking just north of Griswold Point in Old Lyme during an International Shorebird Survey, 2 Caspian Terns flying northward. One dove for a fish about 30 ft from my kayak! At Griswold Point, I had 11 Semipalmated sandpiper, 10 short-billed Dowitcher, 4 Willets, 4 Least Sandpipier, 4 Greater Yellowlegs, and 1 lesser Yellowlegs.

8/29/13 At Hammonasset State Park with Patrick Comins, 1 Pectoral Sandpiper, 1 Solitary Sandpiper, and 1 Lesser Yellowlegs near West Beach and >1000 Tree Swallows swarming in the East Beach parking lot.

Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe
Meriden, CT