[CT Birds] 209 Nighthawks, Quaker Ridge

Ryan MacLean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 18:41:40 EDT 2013

Had 210 (likely more) nighthawks heading northwest at Audubon Greenwich this evening, which is the highest count we've had all season. Besides them, only 3 hawks today with 1 Broad Wing and 2 Ospreys. Non-Raptors of note included 10 Bobolinks in the field next to the hawk watch.

It looks like we wont be getting any hawkwatch coverage this weekend since nobody's volunteered. If any of you in the area would be willing to do the count tomorrow or Sunday though please shoot me an email. Any coverage matters.
Thanks!
-Ryan MacLean

Sent from my iPhone