[CT Birds] Westport highlights/ possible Rufous Hummingbird

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 31 18:48:57 EDT 2013

This afternoon Paul Desjardins and I spent about two and a half hours birding Sherwood Island SP and then a few of my favorite locations in Westport. I was not expecting much due to the time of day,the heat,and the oppressive humidity but was pleasantly surprised by the migrants we found in the pine grove area and the area near the west side viewing platform.The possible Rufous Hummingbird was the best bird of the day!

8/31/13- Westport- Sherwood Island SP-possible Rufous Hummingbird, Eastern Wood-Peewee,6 Eastern Kingbirds,2 Red-eyed Vireo,Blue-gray Gnatcatcher,Veery,Northern Waterthrush, many Black-and-white Warblers,Common Yellowthroats, many  American Redstarts,Magnolia Warbler,3 Yellow Warblers,Prairie Warbler.

Sherwood Mill Pond Preserve- 2 adult Little Blue Herons, 9 Laughing Gulls

Tina Green with Paul Desjardins
Westport
Sent from my iPhone