[CT Birds] Nighthawks and Olive-sided Flys

Jim Zipp jimzipp at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 27 19:42:38 EDT 2013

8/27  -  John Minetto State Park.  Jim and Carol Zipp along with AJ and Sue Hand
2 (or likely 3) Olive-sided Flycatchers. Watched them for a half hour back and forth between two trees.  They even vocalized a few times.

This evening Carol and I had 4 Nighthawks flying north at 6:15 from our Hamden yard.  Then nothing until 7:15 when 113 streamed north to south over a 4-5 minute time and then shut off.  Also earlier we had approx 100 Chimney Swifts with 75% of them visible only while viewing the lower ones with binouclars

The Fat RobinWild Bird and Nature Shop
3000 Whitney Ave.  Hamden, CT 06518
Toll Free U.S.  1-866-Fat-Robin

Jim Zipp Bird Photography  www.JimZipp.com