[CT Birds] Greenwich Tod's Point Osprey update Friday August 30

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Sat Aug 31 21:27:35 EDT 2013

Friday Aug 30

A grey and windy day. Upon my arrival, one of the young on the nest was calling loudly. There also was a young on a shoreline tree. It appeared the nest bird was calling at this bird.
Later, Mrs O was observed in trees, with back turned to nest, eating a fish which she consumed on her own.
A third young was seen on a tree 20 ft away over my observation point near the shore road. After about 10 minutes, it flew off the tree into the water. It did not catch a fish, but flew off to treeline.
It seems the adults have allowed a third young in the area, as I was able to spot all three at one time.

It's getting harder to find the birds off the nest, but with luck I can sometimes get close enough for photos.

pix @ http://www.libraphotography.com/osprey-adolescents-august-2013.html

AL Scuterud
Old Greenwich