[CT Birds] New Haven Lighthouse Park VESPER SPARROW

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 3 16:47:08 EDT 2013

Well, not so 100% sure...

Thanks to all who posted to suggest Lark Sparrow.  I had first ruled out Juv. Lark Sparrow based on this bird's unstreaked belly and relatively dull auricular/malar pattern.

I have since looked at a lot of images of drab juvenile Lark Sparrows, enough to cast some doubt on my very brief, somewhat distant observations.

I guess there will always be Emberizidae, that get away...

Steve Mayo
Bethany