[CT Birds] Hummingbird migration

Katherine Kuckens katkuckens at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 20:38:52 EDT 2013

All summer we have seen only one hummer at a time, always female, always
going back and forth to the same place in the same tree.  I thought maybe
she was the only hummingbird here.  She would come to the feeder right on
the deck while I was sitting there, and gradually grew used to me, taking a
sip, looking at me, taking another sip.  She came mostly at dusk, and if I
didn't look up at her, she would buzz me.

Haven't seen her in three days.  Hope she's safely on her way.  Funny how
sad it makes me!

Katherine