[CT Birds] Chestnut Hill Hawk Watch, start date 11 Sept, Wednesday?

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 2 11:15:57 EDT 2013

We are planning to start up the hawk migration watch at Chestnut Hill in Litchfield, CT on 11 September (Wednesday), weather permitting. This year the Hawk Migration Association of North America (HMANA) is encouraging hawk migration watch sites to also count migrating dragonflies. We are going to try counting migrating dragonflies this year at Chestnut Hill. The Chestnut Hill hawk watch goes for 10 days to 2 weeks, mostly counting broad-winged hawks. To see how hawk migration is going at hawk watch sites go to hawkcount.org .
David W Babington
Washington, CT