Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 3 19:49:25 EDT 2013

>From Frank Mantlik with Tom Murray,
9/3  Orange, Rt. 114 (Racebrook Rd), Racebrook Tract of Water Company - adult male GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER (at 5:15pm), plus a bunch of other warblers (Canada, Magnolias, Am. Redstarts), E. Wood-Pewee, etc. mid-to late- afternoon. After the wet weather cleared out, Tom Murray called to alert me that he found lots of birds here. I joined him, and he was the first to spot the GOLDEN-WINGED.  Chris Loscalzo has birded this site for 20 years, and has never seen a pure Golden-winged here, though he's had hybrid Blue-winged X Golden-winged. It was the first Golden-winged I've seen in CT in 11 years (and the first ever during migration), and it was a lifer for Tom. I'll let him add to this email with all the other species he saw.

Full ebird report, with photo, is here:  http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S15087442

Frank Mantlik