[CT Birds] Audubon Greenwich warblers incl. Wilsons, Blackburnian, Canada

Ryan MacLean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 09:57:41 EDT 2013

Nice movement of warblers this morning around the Teenage Forest boardwalk btwn the hawkwatch field and the Orchard between 7:30-9 am. Highlight was a WILSONS still in breeding plumage along with BLACKBURNIAN, CANADA, CHESTNUT SIDED, NASHVILLE, MAGNOLIA, BT GREEN, BLACK & WHITE, YELLOW and tons of REDSTARTS. Also had one SWAINSONS THRUSH and a VEERY.

The hawkwatch should be picking up in the next couple days with winds coming out of the NW and temps dropping to the lower 70s. Hopefully we'll be getting our first good Broad Wing flights.

-Ryan MacLean

Sent from my iPhone