[CT Birds] CACC & backyard cowbird

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 12:55:06 EDT 2013

9/4  Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center  10AM-1PM  75-78F, sunny,
high tide
At 10AM 1 adult osprey sitting on perch, calling and eating a fish.
1 Northern harrier surveying the marsh,  Several D.C. Cormorants far out,
Mute Swans-far out,
1 Juvenile Yellow Crowned night heron, 1 Great Egret.
Many tree swallows, a singing Carolina Wren and blue jays.
9/5  I was just watching a presumed juvenile molting Brown headed Cowbird
sitting on my backyard feeder.  Reminded me of a calico cat -mostly pale
brown with spots of black coming through, but its throat was a very pale
yellow.  In illustrations I am viewing of molting juveniles, they appear
all pale brown with black coming through, but no pale yellow throat.
Bev Propen, Orange