[CT Birds] Westport warbler highlights plus

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 6 10:36:36 EDT 2013

I birded the pine grove at Sherwood Island for a short time this morning. I have never seen such warbler/migrant activity here before. It reminded me of Monhegan Island in Maine and I added a few new birds to my Westport and Sherwood Island list. This would have been a good day to have other birders to see all the birds frantically feeding on the ground, mid-level, and high in the trees.The big surprises were the Nashville and Cape May Warbler. Here are my highlights before having to leave for work.

9/6/13- Westport- Sherwood Island SP-
2 Eastern Wood-Peewee,Eastern Phoebe,2 Great Crested Flycatcher,Eastern Kingbird,2 Red-eyed Vireo,7 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher,Swainson's Thrush, 4 Black-and- white Warbler,Nashville Warbler,10 Common Yellowthroat, 12 American Redstart, Cape May Warbler,Northern Parula,2 Magnolia Warbler,Yellow Warbler, Canada Warbler,30 American Goldfinch feeding on the White Spruce cones.

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone