[CT Birds] Probable Blue Grosbeak at Bent

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Sep 13 09:50:38 EDT 2013

The light was very bad, but I thought I heard a Blue Grosbeak chip note and got a brief backlit view of the bird in the butterfly garden from the birding balcony.  The profile and size were a good fit in comparison with some nearby Indigo Buntings.   Can't say 100%,  but I'm thinking it was a Blue Grosbeak, immature or female.

On a separate note, it's kind of amazing that the Hooded Warblers are still singing here occasionally.  I don't think I recall that happening in September before.  They were extremely late in arriving this year.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut